BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayer: Helpful tips for your prayer life (the P.R.A.Y. method)

Pray:
here is a way to remember what to include in prayer to make it more effective...

Praise
Reconcile & Repent
Ask
Yield

Praise=Tell God how wonderful He is and thank Him for all that He has done for you

*when you thank God it helps you to focus and realize everything He has done for you*

Reconcile=Confess your sins

*confessing your sins humbles you*

Repent=Turn away from your sins

Ask=Ask for the things you need from God and leave your worries at His feet

Yield=Tell God that you sacrifice your will and ask God to do His will in your life


Meditate on the Word:

Find verses on topics that address issues you are going through.

Memorize them and pray them back to God.

Here is an example of how you can pray a verse back to God...

Verse = James 1:2-4
2My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Here's one way you could pray it back to God...

Dear Lord,
Help me to count it all joy when I am dealing with various trials. Your Word promises that the testing of my faith will produce patience. Give me your strength to let patience have it's perfect work. Lord please make me perfect and complete so that I may stand before you lacking nothing. In Jesus name I pray Amen

0 comments: